- Chair, Queensland Independent Remuneration Tribunal (Appointed 2016 to 2019).
- Ordinary Commissioner, Crime and Corruption Commission (Appointed 2017 to 2021).
- Member, Public Records Review Committee (Appointed Dec 2012 to Mar 2016).
- Member of the Premier of Queensland’s Integrity and Accountability Roundtable 2010.
- Member of Queensland Health’s Strategic Policy Panel.
- Commissioner, Board of Commissioners, Queensland Public Service Commission (2008 to 2012).
- Invited participant, Australia 2020 Summit, Governance Stream, April 2008.
Key outcomes achieved in these roles include:
- Appointed by Premier Anna Bligh to sit on an Expert Advisory Group supporting the Government’s Integrity and Accountability Reforms. In my submission responding to the Government’s Green Paper, I proposed the development of a strengthened accountability framework for ministerial staff. This included separate legislation for ministerial staff and the staff of other office holders (formerly employed under the Public Service Act). I also proposed that Queensland publish a State of the Service Report. Both recommendations were accepted by government and formalised in 2010.
- As a member of the Public Service Commission Board, provided advice to the Premier and Commission Chief Executive on issues ranging from policy capacity and public sector reform to integrity and accountability reforms as noted above.